Monday 11 February 2013

Perks in the Life of a Broke Teenager-2


Now that I have given you a rough idea of what I think, is the ideal life of a teenager, i.e. to live broke and happy, I guess it’s time I share some details of how those moments of absolute  uselessness and joblessness creeps in each one of us.. Leaving us so thrilled that we give in, to living in the moment!
It makes us feel alive... rejuvenated, so much so that we start assuming that life is going to be stable and stunted in our teens and that is that. No more. No change. No growth. Though I am of the opinion that this phase, eventually wears out and is replaced by the phase in which guys wear ties daily and girls replace gloss with lipsticks, a period of maturing. However, I’d say… each phase in life has a need, which is eventually served!
Now coming back to being the frivolous and impulsive teenagers, whom our elders think of as incompetent, let me take you to the day I finally had my new laptop packed in a bag on my back!
5th February, Reet, my friend and I had a plan of watching one movie [emphasizes on ‘one’] in a theatre at Sion, Midnight’s Children we deduced in a while! Now I needed to get done with some final formalities at the retail shop, I purchased my laptop from. So, I go ahead and book two tickets for the 6 pm show at around 2 pm itself! Pretty jobless at the moment, I decide to go the book store, purchase something nice and read some more till about 5 pm. Just as I am reaching the 5th page of Shobha De’s Sethji, Reet drops in a text explaining how bored she got at the thought of lying around and having to stare at the ceiling throughout the afternoon. No sooner than, me suggesting that she hops onto a bus and accompanies me at the bookstore, she grabs her bag and meets in with half an hour.
The obvious thing you’d expect out of us would be, heading back into the book store once she reached, pick a book each, discuss some authors and then settle in our own worlds of the pertaining books... but what happened, wasn’t exactly so.
Yeah, she reached the bus stop, and met me, waiting there. What changed in the next couple of moments is that, randomly she happens to say that we could perhaps watch another movie in the time we had in spare. Not thinking for even a moment more, I grab her hand and drag her to the multiplex. However, the only available show at that moment had run out of vacant seats. The two disappointed friends, are just sighing deeply at the thought of having to walk back to the book store under the cunning heat, when the attendant at the counter offers us two tickets in a mini screen accommodating not more than 25, among whom, 10 came to just improve the strength of their vocal chords by hooting and screaming, 5 must have come for a lunch break nap, 10 others to honestly watch the movie David and 5, including the 2 of us who came for just the heck of it and ended up making a good deal of laughter and vague humor out of the movie!
Just within the span of 15 minutes, we need to rush into another screen for the 2nd movie, originally intended to be watched! And by the thrill of the whole overly hyped feeling of having watched two movies consequently made us hungry enough to spend most of the cash we had on food, keeping aside 20 rupees for the best samosas in the world, across the street at Guru Kripa and 40 more for reaching home!
There was popcorn, coke, fries, garlic breads... and so much more than just the movies to that day!
The amusement I saw in my friend's eyes of having the pleasure of being broke for the first time ever, the hot steamy aroma of the samosa that wooed us right till its last crispy end and the walk we talked, discussing random things that made every moment worth it!

Hanging out with friends is not rocket science. It’s just too random to be looked at and be noticed. It’s the little extra we can give to others. It is the little extra we receive from them.
A teenager is no single person. We have hundreds of us... in us! [If you know what I mean]
We are tangled souls in simple ways of life! We are sandwiches. We are the crushed cans of coke sometimes. Sometimes, the feather touch of a phone, the chilled splash of water, the tune of a song stuck in your head. We can be footballs, at times even tissues. Ironically, we can be dustbins sometimes, but what matters is, that even dustbins are useful!
I’d not say everyone should know to deal with teenagers [especially the broke ones like me] but at least try to let them be like a sapling. We may just grow and surprise you some day!
Cheers, to wealthily being broke!
-          Love,
Miss 'oh god I talk too much' [sometimes... or all the time... I guess... I don’t know!!]!



Again.. dedicated to Reet!

It's the little I can give!

1 comment: