Sunday 10 February 2013

Perks in the Life of a Broke Teenager!- 1



I know what most of you may think..“Been there, done that”
After all, who’d not agree, that having an extra rupees 100 or two never hurts in those desperate moments when you feel like hogging on just one more burger, or taking a cab ride to the station! But the fun, my dear friends lies in empty pockets of broke pants, the noisy coins in broke wallets, the crumpled wrappers and soiled tissues in broke bags, the sparkle in the eyes of broke & hungry teenagers! Nothing can beat that feeling when you and your friends save the last ‘note’ of 50 for getting back home and proudly rejoice in the moment when you still have 10 more to grab a rejuvenating glass of ganne ka [sugarcane] juice!
I’d not deny that I have had many such experiences, especially when I set on these food adventures, alone or in company. But the target of the day was Reet, my poor little friend who put up all my ideas of “fun”.
I’d also not deny that she herself has this untouched side of her that is so vey spontaneous and zealous that she’d just, enthusiastically in the spur of the moment just say something or suggest something  that somebody might think of as really fey and reject, but when she suddenly out of nowhere suggested to doing something irrational.. I looked up towards the sky, in a rather dramatic manner, pointed my index finger upward and said “God… you exist!” [Well, that’s what I say when something really unexpected out of somebody so unexpected comes out from!] And that’s when we set out on not one but several journeys that can be looked back at, in those solitary moments and smiled at!
Some incidents at some times have indeed been engraved in my memory for ever [or till I can remember myself!] Some moments related to certain people, places, things or even hoardings at a bus stop, random numbers, colours of cars, restaurants and songs remind us of our memories, memories that are so dear to us, but somehow, in due course of time get buried under newer memories and hide under the dust called age!
Now that, I’d say are the perks of being a teenager!
Cheers to memories and souvenirs!
-Miss Teenager at heart!

                        *Dedicated to a new friend.. REET!     

1 comment: