Monday 18 February 2013

I Found My Valentine!

 I know I am writing in pretty late about my Valentine’s Day, but I guess it’s worth a moment of reading… or at least of writing!
Well, most of the day, of 14th February 2013 was spent in a rather regular manner. Not too much said or done! However, as the day passed, and I didn’t have much to do, I came home and lazed around for a while. Waited for maa to come back from her evening walk to just co-exist while the TV was on. But to my surprise, I was asked out on Valentine’s Day. The day every love starved person looks forward to or plans for, at least for a week throughout the year.  So had I. Though I didn’t expect this to happen.  I have never expected my mother to say to me, “so what if your day ended soon, we have to evening. Let’s go to the mall and grab a bite” and all I say is, “cool! Let’s go!”
It’s like how aviator shades are back in vogue, keeping things simple is in too. Maa and I reached the mall, and did our regular thing. Shop at the super mart and grab a bite at the food court!
We strolled around with our basket and happily filled it in with soap bars and fresh kiwis. She gifted me a lip balm [I am a shameless valentine… couldn’t get her anything] time passed in each other’s company.  We ate some chicken and garlic bread, some beverage and some dessert. It was indeed one of those times, when you know you are happy. I’d not say the chirpy and giggling all the while- happy, but it definitely is the kind when you just feel content from within and that smile on your face would never agree to vanish!
Well, that’s what I think is love. Also, I strongly feel, we must love ourselves to even be able to love somebody!
Belated ‘Happy Valentine’s Day’ to all those looking for love. Look for it within yourself… if nothing at all, you may find a reason to smile!


Dedicated to saint Valentine, though I think if you were here, you’d tell people, love doesn't limit to romance!
Cheers!

-Love,
Miss. I don’t really love Valentine’s Day!

1 comment: