Monday 28 May 2012

I rode off the island of love

     I read in this amazing book, a line that made me think,"though I hate love, I believe in it" I paused, looking over the leaflets of the book in a moving train, thinking, do we all, in some very intricate moments of life fall out of love, hating the emotion, yet believing in it? Don't we at most times swear and promise and hope.. that love never happens if it ought to be lost? Be it your partner, a friend, family or some inspiration of yours. Don't we try convincing ourselves that we are better off alone and that at the end of the day, we are born and we die alone, and that, EVERYONE MOVES ON? 
     The truth is, no matter how lonely you are, you do have somebody to talk to about your loneliness! Is it really worth riding off the island of love because of all the people you ever loved? Is it worth counting on god to punish those who have crushed your heart as finely as salt, so much so that it dissolves in the ruthless world, going unnoticed. Is it worth having waited for those friends and those lost people you loved and in return, they abandoned you? It is Clearly not!
You must have heard a hundred times what I say now, it is stereotypical and Bollywood style, "if you lose somebody and if that somebody doesn't come back to you, they were never yours"
Yours in the true sense, yours with all the passion, honesty and loyalty!
     So if you are pedaling your cycle towards the last few meters off the Island of love, where you learnt to sacrifice, respect, compromise and accept everything about your loved ones... then STOP!
 Look, look clearly, if there are people waving goodbye, ignore them. Look at those in whose eyes you see love, whose eyes are screaming in silence for you to stop.... then stop for those people who've always been there for you and you never noticed. Ride back to them and wrap them in the blanket of your love and thanking, and stay there, and live the beauty of being vulnerable. If you are with the wrong people, their touch will tell you to back off, and if you are in safe hands, just go with it, because then, being vulnerable will be much better than being in love!


DEDICATED to all those people who sat by me, held me, listened to me in my hour(s) of need. It's for you.. that I didn't ride off the island of love! Thank you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment